[gst-devel] Seeking & Tag problems with playbin

Martin Emrich emme at emmes-world.de
Sat Mar 11 06:04:01 CET 2006

Hi!

I have two problems:

1) When I try to seek in a file (currently playing), the track position
sometimes resets to the beginning, and a piece of the track beginning is
played, before
jumping to the position I want to jump to. Here is what I do, to jump forward
five seconds:

gint seek_secs=5;
gst_element_seek(playbin,
				  1.0,
				  GST_FORMAT_TIME,
				  GST_SEEK_FLAG_FLUSH,
				  GST_SEEK_TYPE_CUR,
				  seek_secs*1000000000,
				  GST_SEEK_TYPE_NONE,
				  GST_CLOCK_TIME_NONE);
What is the best way to implement seeking like a CD Player (fast stuttering
seek while the seek key is pressed)?

2) When I have e.g. an MP3 file with ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags both set,
I get the tag entries twice, with a comma in between. I tried every merge
mode, but either I get nothing (empty string), or both entries. Is there a
way to say "Try both tags types, but ID3v2 has a higher priority"?

If you want, you can try out my player:
http://www.emmes-world.de/dmplayer/

Thanks for any help!

Martin