[gst-devel] gst_segment_to_running_time with flacenc

Tim Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Tue Mar 14 02:15:01 CET 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 00:19 -0500, Rod Begbie wrote:

> I'm converting my little Python CD ripper to GStreamer 0.10, and I'm
> having trouble.
>
> When I run it, it rips the first track OK, then dies with the following message:
>
> GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_segment_to_running_time: assertion
> `segment->format == format' failed
> aborting...
> Aborted

> This only happens when I'm using flacenc to encode my music.  If I
> just switch to "lame", everything works fine.

It's a bug in GstBaseSink and has nothing to do with your code. The
warning is harmless though and shouldn't have any adverse effects. Will
fix it in CVS in a bit.

The reason it aborts is that you have the G_DEBUG environment variable
set to 'fatal_warnings'. Either you set that yourself or
gnome-session-manager (?) set it for you (it does that for gnome beta
releases I believe). If you unset G_DEBUG it should work.

Cheers
 -Tim