[gst-devel] GstTuner

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Tue Mar 21 01:00:05 CET 2006

Hi Lutz,

okay, I see the point that we need such an interface, but still not see whats
the benefit of having separate tar and bzip/gzip elements over just using
gnomefvs-src. Despite its name gnomevfs is not dependent on gnomelibs and
nowadays relative portable. I know that people are adding more handlers (e.g.
for zip) to gnomevfs. So gst-apps would automaticaly benefit.

I just see a maintainance problem and duplication of efforts here.

Stefan