[gst-devel] releases

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Mon Mar 27 09:34:01 CEST 2006

CHELLO GStreamer.

Now, with that out of the way, on to the order of business for this
week.

We've (and of course I mean I) been slacking off on putting together an
actual release schedule.  My apologies.  In my defense, the six+ modules
can get a little confusing.

Anyway, it's time to step up the pace and get fixes out regularly, and
release at least one module a week as appropriate.

So, I'd like to prerelease on tuesday and release by friday in general.

For this week, I'd want to do -ffmpeg and -ugly - ffmpeg has gone
without a release for a while now.
For next week, I'd like to do core and base again - they got some nice
fixes, as well as being needed for the release of good later on.
And the week after that, I'd like to do -good and -bad, and take
advantage of that to move some plugins around, including Tim's
id3v2demuxer.

At a later stage, we can then do good and ugly at the same time, to
phase out the id3 demuxer in -ugly.

As a side note, I'm taking suggestions for what to do with
gst-pitfdll... The CVS version has been working fine for 0.10, but right
now it seems to be waiting on Ronald to actually try it out before it
will see a release.  Ronald, any idea when this might happen ? What can
we do in the meantime - should I suggest packagers take a CVS snapshot
for now ?

Let me know,
Thomas