[gst-devel] problem with filesrc

Vinay Krishnamurthy vinay.kmurthy at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 23:37:01 CEST 2006

Hello All,

I am facing a problem with filesrc plugin. I am trying to run a video
file using pull based approach.

I am successfully able to decode first few hundred frames. But after
some time, the filesrc gives me an error saying

ERROR: from element /pipeline0/filesrc0: Could not open resource for reading.
Additional debug info:
gstfilesrc.c(531): gst_file_src_map_region (): /pipeline0/filesrc0:
mmap (0x00400000, 16, 0x1400000) failed: Cannot allocate memory

The video file I am playing is around 25MB in size.

Can you suggest what is wrong in my setup?

Best Regrards,
Vinay K.