[gst-devel] event handling in chain function?

Jan Schmidt thaytan at noraisin.net
Tue Mar 28 20:29:17 CEST 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 17:29 -0700, Brad Midgley wrote:
> Hi
>
> I see the docs* talking about registering a separate function for
> accepting events, but in going through an encoder for gsm, I see event
> handling in the chain function using GST_IS_EVENT and GST_IS_BUFFER. Is
> one or the other of these preferred?

That means that gsm element has been properly to 0.10 - event handling
and data passing used to be mixed in 0.8, but they're separate paths
now, so the element has a bug.

Cheers,
Jan.

Jan Schmidt thaytan at noraisin.net

The woman you buy -- and she is the least expensive -- takes a great
deal of money. The woman who gives herself takes all your time. - Balzac