[gst-devel] Short gap in audio when unpausing

Ben "The Big" Demboski BenD at wildseed.com
Wed Mar 29 12:04:07 CEST 2006

Hi all.

I am playing around with gstreamer-0.10, and am noticing a gap in audio
playback immediately after un-pausing. In order to remove as much of my code
as possible from the picture, I applied the following patch to gst-launch.c
and reproduced it there:

326a327,328
> static gboolean user_pause = FALSE;

332a335
>       user_pause = FALSE;
336,337c339,341
<       g_print ("Caught SIGUSR2 - Stop request.\n");
<       gst_element_set_state (pipeline, GST_STATE_NULL);
---
>       g_print ("Caught SIGUSR2 - Pause request.\n");
>       user_pause = TRUE;
>       gst_element_set_state (pipeline, GST_STATE_PAUSED);
457c461,462
<         if (!(old == GST_STATE_PLAYING && new == GST_STATE_PAUSED &&
---
>         if (user_pause ||
>             !(old == GST_STATE_PLAYING && new == GST_STATE_PAUSED &&

Running

gst-launch filesrc location=<my ogg-vorbis file> ! oggdemux ! vorbisdec !
audioconvert ! alsasink

or

gst-launch filesrc location=~/fromWin/Tribute.mp3 ! mad ! alsasink

produces the following behavior:

--playback begins as expected
--after sending process SIGUSR2, playback pauses as expected
--after sending process SIGUSR1, playback resumes, I hear about .1 seconds
of audio, .1 seconds of silence, then audio continues as expected

Has anybody seen this, or does anybody have any idea what's going wrong?
Thanks.

Ben Demboski