[gst-devel] Newbie : GStreamer, GMediaRenderer & FLAC

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller uraeus at gnome.org
Thu May 4 07:48:04 CEST 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-04 at 14:41 +0100, Clive Chapman wrote:
> Christian
>
> Thanks very much for the replies - I'll take a look at the links - thanks.
>
> Regarding FLAC - does that mean because GStreamer includes FLAC that
> GMediaRender will automatically ?
> Do you know of GMediaRenderer ? http://gmrender.nongnu.org/ .

I have seen it yes, even mailed a little with the author some time ago.

> if you read this paragrah on gmediarender home page
> http://gmrender.nongnu.org/#license it says;
>
> "Note that GMediaRender does not ship with any codecs, "
>
> Have you any ideas what that might mean ?

It just means that by itself it doesn't ship with any codecs, all codecs are provided by GStreamer.

If you are going to use this with upnp servers from other vendors you
probably want to make sure to get the Fluendo mpegdemuxer from our
public subversion directory as it supports MPEG2 transport stream which
a lot of these servers use for date transfer.

Christian