[gst-devel] Accessing playbin's streaminfo from high languages (python/ruby etc)

Sjoerd Simons sjoerd at spring.luon.net
Tue May 9 14:11:34 CEST 2006

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 05:41:48PM +0200, Andy Wingo wrote:
> Hi Sjoerd,
>
> On Thu, 2006-05-04 at 13:06 +0200, Sjoerd Simons wrote:
> >   Now at some point i wanted to access the stream-info property. Unfortunately
> >   this is declared a being a gpointer
>
> Yup, this is very stupid.
>
> I think the most flexible and useful approach would be to have another
> property that has the same information in a GstStructure. That way the
> information is extensible and is in a format that is bindings-friendly.

I've filed this in bugzilla (#341182). As a proof of concept i've attached a
patch there that puts the stream-info objects in a GValueArray (was the easiest
thing to do). Which works nicely when using it in the ruby bindings

What do you mean exactly with your GstStructure suggestion ? One GstStructure
for each stream-info object, that encodes the same information as the
corresponding stream-info object ?

  Sjoerd
--
The universe is an island, surrounded by whatever it is that surrounds
universes.