[gst-devel] Fun with state changes.

Iain * iaingnome at gmail.com
Sun May 14 16:55:41 CEST 2006

Is it possible to pause a state change? My situation is as such

My custom pipeline (a subclassed GstPipeline) starts off with two
elements in it:

src->decodebin

And the application sets the state to PLAYING. The subclass listens to
message signal on the pipeline's message bus and when it receives a
message that the pipeline has reached PAUSED it adds some more
elements to the audio srcpad that had been created in decodebin.

The problem is that after before the pipeline receives the
state-change message about PAUSED it sets this error:

Message: Internal data flow error.
Debug: gstbasesrc.c(1479): gst_base_src_loop (): /mypipeline0/src:
streaming task paused, reason not-linked

src was initially linked to the decodebin before the state change
started. Is it that the it is somehow trying to set the state to
PLAYING before I get a chance to add the rest of the elements?

I have attached a compressed log: the Internal data flow error is
started at line 10840.

Am I trying to do something silly (again?)

thanks
iain