[gst-devel] testing the plugin limits for bluetooth

Brad Midgley bmidgley at xmission.com
Thu May 18 12:54:01 CEST 2006

Hi

I've been reading the app programming manual. Things look really good.

We want to be able to build a sharable and hot-pluggable bluetooth audio
architecture. Can I write plugins and assemble them to get this in
gstreamer?

* User can connect a bluetooth set; when that happens, audio streams in
progress that were going to the regular audio out go to the headset as
well without interruption.

* Audio sent by multiple apps gets mixed and is transmitted to the
headset by a single process/thread.

I'm trying to make a case to a palmsource developer for doing all the
bluetooth audio stuff natively in gstreamer (as opposed to using our
alsa plugin indirectly)... any help here would be great for steering
that effort.

Brad