[gst-devel] GStreamer State Change Problem

Pankaj Sen pankaj.sen77 at gmail.com
Mon May 22 01:43:02 CEST 2006

Hi ,
I'm writing a mp3 decoder plugin on GStreamer Version 0.10.4 which take
single input buffer and obviously produces multiple output buffer. I'm
trying to play my plugin (Mp3Dec) into a chain like below

gst-launch-0.10 filesink location=./filename.mp3 ! Mp3Dec !  filesink
location=./filename_out.pcm.

Now my system requires (due to some synchronization issue) that input buffer
to be decoded only in the GST_STATE_PLAYING state.

But the filesrc plugin start sending data in the paused state,which
according to the Gst 0.10.4 should be a valid state for buffer processing.
Only in case of sink element it can't process the buffer if not in the
PLAYING state.

Can anybody help me what should I do / send an event to the previous plugin
so that it sends me data only when I'm in the PLAYING state. or simply what
should I do so that I receive data when I'm in the PLAYING state. I have
tried to Preroll but it wait for ever.

Regards,
Pankaj