[gst-devel] problem about compiling c program

sam wang samwzm at yahoo.com
Wed May 31 02:03:02 CEST 2006

Hi, there,

sorry for this easy problem. please tell me if you happen to know it.

I am trying to compile and run the sample programs in the manual written in c. but I got a lot of
syntax error massages when compiling, for example:
/usr/include/gstreamer-0.10/gst/gst.h:81: error: syntax error before ‘*’ token

I am using gcc-4.0 for Ubuntu Dapper on a mac machine. now I am wondering if I use a wrong
compiler, or should I specify some options? but there is nothing about compiler information in
gstreamer's website.

any hint?

thanks!
Sammy