[gst-devel] raw1394src encoding pipeline

benow74@telus.net andy at benow.ca
Wed May 31 02:46:01 CEST 2006

Hi All,

I've started using gstreamer for dv capture for a project I'm working on.

cap device: canopus a->d firewire capture.
http://canopus.com/products/ADVC110/index.php

project: jivo tv/media capture, processing and archival thing.
http://benow.ca/index?page=project&project=Jivo
http://benow.ca/misc/caps/tv/remote/remote.html

So... I'm currently calling out to gst-launch-0.10 (from gentoo ebuild)
with a pipeline of:

gst-launch-0.10 dv1394src ! queue ! filesink location="$FILE"

Which works fine, mostly.  It craps out when system can't respond fast
enough, and uses alot of disk space.  What I'd like to do is setup a
queuing recording pipeline.  Does anyone experience with a *working* dv
encoding pipeline?  All the ones I've tried have failed.

If you've a bit of time, I've also another couple of questions...

Currently, further down the line I'm encoding to divx and muxing with
the recording information (programme info, time, channel, etc) into a
matroska container.  I've built up a simple workflow api to do the
dirty, but if I can replace any of it with a clean gst pipe, that would
be great.

Thanks,

Andy