[gst-devel] I can't play an MP3 file through RTSP/RTP

Fabrice Triboix Fabrice.Triboix at imgtec.com
Thu Nov 2 12:57:27 CET 2006

Hi Lutz,

I got the cvs head for gstreamer, gst-plugins-base and gst-plugins-good.

Now it is a bit better: I hear about half a second of my MP3 file!
I use the same gst-launch command than in my previous email for that.

I can't use playbin because I do not run gstreamer on my PC, but on a remote development machine. I tried to look quickly if I can tell playbin to redirect the output, but it is only to a GstElement (audio-sink property).
So I have to do some coding, I guess!

I also tried using helix server instead of fenice, but I get this:
ERROR: from element /pipeline0/rtspsrc0/udpsrc0: Internal data flow error.

I guess this is because fenice provides RTP interleaved in RTSP only, while helix will send RTP over UDP by default.

Any comments much welcomed!

  Fabrice