[gst-devel] no such element factory

Kapil Agrawal kapil.agl at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 12:23:16 CET 2006

hi ,

when i installed a new plugin , and used that in my .c file for an
application, while calling gst_element_factory_make() for that plugin its
give me an error "no such element factory "plugin" ". But when i use the
same plugin at command line , ie gst-launch  ..| plugin | .....|...... it
works properly. also when i did a gst-inspect plugin,  its  properties are
show. even the ~/.gstreamer/registry.*.xml has the plugin entry. I am unable
to find the reason, can someone give me some pointers what ned to be done?

tahnks

-kapil