[gst-devel] Reading Meta Data from Streams

rajasekar bonthala rajasekhar.bonthala at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 13:25:09 CET 2006

Hi All.

I am trying to read Title of the song, Autor of the song information from
the MP3 File and display them on the screen.
As I know GStreamer plugins will post messages like GST_MESSAGE_TAG which
contain the author and title and other informations.

In the call back for reading messages to the bus, I added a switch statement
to receive GST_MESSAGE_TAG. But when executed I haven't received any such
messages. Can anybody please let me know whether I need to do anything else
to read information like Title/Author etc...

Thanks,
Raja