[gst-devel] ffmux_mp4 (gst-ffmpeg-0.10.1.1 CVS version) not correctly muxing AAC file to MP4

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 11:44:03 CET 2006

Hi,

On 11/4/06, Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net> wrote:
> Hi Deeptendu,
>
> I've received this question from numerous people, the ffmux_mp4 is
> broken, I don't know why, I'm suspecting tat the protocol wrapper is
> somehow broken, most likely some seeking problem (messing up cur/set,
> not setting return value correctly or so).

  ??? What does seeking have to do with... muxers ??

> You could try the 0.8
> version, which is known to work fine (packages for most distributions
> should still be available), or file a bug (http://
> bugzilla.gnome.org/) and hope that someone will fix it. I'm not
> interested in fixing it.

  So why did you even mail in the first place ? Stop spewing
negativism on the mailing list. Asking somebody to go check an
un-maintained version of GStreamer is not productive for him and for
us (he can't have support for it, and we can't fix issues).

> Cheers,
> Ronald
>
> On Nov 3, 2006, at 10:20 PM, Deeptendu Bikash wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am using the latest CVS version of gst-ffmpeg to mux raw AAC
> > files into MP4 format, but there seems to be some problem with the
> > duration.
> >
> > gst-launch filesrc location=... ! audio/mpeg, rate=\(int\)8000,
> > channels=\(int\)2, mpegversion=\(int\)4 ! ffmux_mp4 ! filesink
> > location=...
> >
> > The resulting file has the MP4 file format but has a huge duration
> > (8000 hours etc) and a zero bitrate. And of course, no player,
> > including VLC, could play it. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
> >
> > Looking at the code (gstffmpegmux.c), the portion that sets the
> > framerate for audio, looks to incomplete/incorrect. There is a
> > comment saying that this might not work for any kind of audio.
> >
> >     buffer=gst_collect_pads_peek(ffmpegmux->collect,
> > (GstCollectData *)collect_pad);
> >     if(buffer){
> >         st->codec->frame_size = st->codec->sample_rate *
> > GST_BUFFER_DURATION(buffer)/GST_SECOND;
> >         gst_buffer_unref(buffer);
> >     }
> >
> > When I print the values of st->codec->frame_size, st->codec-
> > >sample_rate and GST_BUFFER_DURATION(buffer)/GST_SECOND, I get the
> > values 1266874889, 8000 and 1266874889. Evidently, the buffer
> > duration is wrong. How can I correct it?
> >
> > Can anybody help with this much of info?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Deeptendu

Edward Hervey
Multimedia editing developer / Fluendo S.A.
http://www.pitivi.org/