[gst-devel] Does ffmux_mov support muxing both audio and video?

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Thu Nov 9 15:52:45 CET 2006

You need to do one problem at a time.

First do the mpeg-4 in .mp4 issue, so video alone. My fix will help
there. For video-only files., Quicktime should play them back, at least
with versions I tested. Current CVS may have new bugs that I'm not aware
of. If you want to test audio, use a common codec like AAC.

Then do AMR. It is likely that Quicktime only reads AMR in .3gp files,
if at all, similar to how WMP reads MSMPEG4 only in .asf or MP3 only
in .avi. That cannot be fixed. Use a .3gp muxer instead (can be added to
ffmpeg, just add it to gstffmpegcodecmap.c somewhere at the bottom,
search for mp4 or mov, along with a codec mapping to understand which
inputs are supported by this muxer), and use h263 instead of MPEG-4
video (I don't think .3gp allows MPEG-4 video). If you want, again, do
one thing at a time: firt audio-only, then audio+video.

As for the duration, you already know the problem there.

Cheers,
Ronald