[gst-devel] Problem when using rtspsrc

Fabrice Triboix gstdbg at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 13 12:46:58 CET 2006

Hi wim,

I tried to get some help on the helix-server-dev list
about this issue, and I forwarded their reply a few
hours ago on this list.

Apparently, this X-MP3-draft-00 thing is based on an
old stuff called audio/mpa-robust...
I don't know anything about that, but it maybe the
case that parsing the RTP content as mpa-robust will
do the work. Now, gstreamer probably does not support
mpa-robust now (or let's say yet!...)

Cheers,

  Fabrice

--- Wim Taymans <wim at fluendo.com> wrote:
> > This payload type is then defined through an
> rtpmap attribute:
> > a=rtpmap:101 X-MP3-draft-00/1000
> >
> > I greatly suspect that this MIME type is
> > helix/real specific. Could anybody confirm this?
> > and that gstreamer is not able to handle that yet?
> Yes, this payload type is not yet supported AFAIK
> and that's why rtspsrc
> does not want to link with rtpmpadepay and you get a
> not-linked error.