[gst-devel] how to run a media file using gst-launch

sandeep siroya siroya at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 05:10:41 CET 2006

Hi,
I have installed gstreamer-0.10 on a fedora core 5 system.
I wanted to write a plugin to decrypt an encrypted mpeg file and pass
it to the other gstreamer elements to decode and play it. I have the
decryption code.
I was looking to start with gst-launch. From the man pages of
gst-launch, the command :
gst-launch filesrc location=JB_FF9_TheGravityOfLove.mpg ! mpegdemux
video_%02d!src { queue ! mpeg2dec ! xvideosink } does not work.
Can someone please explain the meaning of 'video_%02d!src'? I read a
few manuals in the documentation but did not find any info there.

Thanks,
Sandeep