[gst-devel] ffenc_flv / ffmux_flv create videos not usable by flowplayer

Matthias Bläsing Matthias.Blaesing at rwth-aachen.de
Tue Nov 21 10:00:22 CET 2006

Hey,

I have some videos I would like to show via flowplayer (a flv shower -
flowplayer.sf.net). I want to use gst-launch, as ffmpeg doesn't
recognise the videos correctly (producing no video/distorted audio).

So I used this pipeline:

gst-launch filesrc location=Desktop/Hoppelhasen\ on\ tour\ Dankern\
2005.avi ! avidemux name="dec"  dec. ! queue ! ffdec_mpeg4 !
ffmpegcolorspace ! videoscale ! 'video/x-raw-yuv,width=320,height=240' !
ffenc_flv bitrate=100000 ! queue ! mux. dec. ! audioresample !
'audio/x-raw-int,rate=11025' ! lame bitrate=32  ! queue ! mux.
ffmux_flv name="mux" ! filesink location=DD-05.flv

And after that

flvtool2 -U DD-05.flv DD-05-x.flv

The created video plays nicely in mplayer, but flowplayer buffers a very
long time and plays the video without audio.

I also tried the above pipeline, but creating an xvid avi with it and
after that ffmpeg to create the flv. This flv also plays in mplayer AND
also in flowplayer.

I compared the meta data extracted with "flvtool2 -P", there were slight
differences in length and keyframes, but these were marginal.

Has anyone an idea?

Thanks in advance

Matthias

PS:
this is gstreamer-0.10 from debian unstable running with gst-ffmpeg from
cvs
--
Matthias Bläsing (GPG-Schlüsselkennung: A71B4BD5)
ICQ: 84617206   AIM: linuxfun81   MSN: linuxfun at hotmail.com