[gst-devel] Potential replacement for dvdreadsrc

Michal Benes michal.benes at itonis.tv
Sun Nov 26 14:42:21 CET 2006

Hi Jason,

> Question 4:
> To push or to pull?  Seeing the discussion about JACK makes me wonder:
> in the future of GStreamer, are pull sources preferred?  Is it worth the
> complexity and effort to implement dvdsrc as a pull source?

	as long as demuxers and other elements do not support pull mode, I do
not think you need to care. I am not an authority here, but I feel that
having the whole pipe in pull based mode would be a major shift in 0.10
design.

> Question 6:
> What are some tricky multi-angle DVDs that I should test?  My dvdsrc
> element currently does *not* support multi-angle DVDs as I don't own any
> to test, so if anyone has any suggestions... ;)

	Try "The Matrix", MPlayer has a special code handling this DVD.

	Regards,

		Michal