[gst-devel] Upstream negotiation

Will Newton will.newton at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 16:21:07 CET 2006

Hi all,

I'm writing a plugin to interface to a hardware device that needs
buffers alloced in a certain way. So I wrote a buffer_alloc function
for my plugin, which I thought looked like the right thing to do. I
setup a pipeline like this:

gst-launch filesrc location=foo.mp3 ! mysink

But my buffer_alloc function is not called as I had expected, filesrc
just does gst_buffer_new() and passes the buffer to me regardless that
my sink has a buffer_alloc function. Is there any way to force my
buffer_alloc function to be used? Is filesrc correct to alloc buffers
in this way?

Thanks,