[gst-devel] new python gstreamer project

Julien TOUS julien.tous at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 19:32:58 CET 2006

Some time ago, i've been using "dartfish" in the purpose of analysing
canoe-slalom videos, and i think it's realy usefull. Sadly the cost for
such a tool is far beyond what is reachable for a small club, or an
individual. So i started to write an application that could mimic the
key feature of dartfish : comparing videos.

Althought i'm not very proud of the code i wrote, i think it's better to
have it open than hidden on my computer. So if anyone feels interested
in this, he can get a look at the code ( svn checkout
http://splitit.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ splitit ).

It uses python, gstreamer, gtk and glade. Note that i've been doing some
fortran and C programing in the past, but nothing involving gui or
object oriented programing (lets say i'm a beginner). At the moment it
has no clear design. It is made of anarchic copy and past.

If anyone wants to increase his karma, don't hesitate to have a look at
the code, and give me any tip about design, coding style, references,
things i should or should not do ...

Julien

PS : Most of the code is comming from /gst-python/0.10/examples/. Is it
ok to use gpl for my project or must i use lgpl ?