[gst-devel] Display video in the appointed rect region on QT dialog

Vincent Zhou vincentzhou at solomon-systech.com
Thu Nov 30 05:05:54 CET 2006

Thanks Christian.
I can display the video on QT dialog now.
But I found that sometimes the video captured from webcam is very
obscure and monochrome even I display the video using the following
command.
gst-launch -v v4lsrc ! xvimagesink hue=100 saturation=-100
brightness=100

For the first time when I run the command, the video is very clear
and colorful. But when run the command again, the video becomes very
obscure and monochrome.
After that, I use Ekiga to display the webcam video and close Ekiga.
Then I can get good video by that command only for the first time.
I am very confused with it!
Does Anybody have the same experience?

On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 18:27 +0100, Christian F.K. Schaller wrote:
> Hi Vincent,
> There is also the KISS Qt based media player:
> http://ronald.bitfreak.net/kiss.php
>
> It uses 0.8 version of GStreamer, but I think the parts you would want
> to look at for information should be close to identical between 0.8 and
> 0.10.
>
> Christian
>
> On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 18:30 +0800, Vincent Zhou wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Now I have implemented displaying webcam video on the QT dialog window
> > by v4lsrc, xvimagesink, and xoverlay interface.
> > But the captured video occupy all the QT dialog Window, I am wondering
> > if I can appoint a region on the QT dialog and display the video on the
> > appointed rect region?
> > Can anybody give me some advice?
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Regards,