[gst-devel] Filtering with catch-all mime type video/*?

Charles Iliya Krempeaux supercanadian at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 19:24:41 CEST 2006

Hello,

While I do agree with you that Ogg is a container format... AFAICT using
"video/ogg" when you know that it contain video would be correct.  And
(based on complaints I've seen) some would highly enourage it.

I've seen some people suggesting that there should be MIME types like
"video/rss+xml" and "video/atom+xml" for video blogging (vlogging,
vidcasting, or whatever you want to call it).  And hints that there should
be "audio/rss+xml" and "audio/atom+xml" for audio blogging (podcasting,
IPradio, or whatever you want to call it).

Refer to this IETF post...

http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/avt/current/msg06669.html

... which is (in part) a comment to the following proposal I made...

http://maketelevision.com/log/rss_and_atom_feed_auto-discovery_for_internet_tv

See ya