[gst-devel] Video thumb nails

Michal Benes michal.benes at itonis.tv
Wed Oct 11 11:09:08 CEST 2006

> Can anyone pls let me know if there is any support from GStreamer framework
> to create thumb nails for video files.

Hi,

	it is not difficult. Just create a pipe

filesrc location=source ! decodebin ! ffmpegcolorspace ! pngenc !
fakesink

and connect to fakesink's preroll-handoff signal. Then put the pipeline
to PAUSED state (not PLAYING) and seek to the desired position. Fakesink
will give you png screenshot in preroll-handoff callback. Of course you
can put videoscale before pngenc to obtain the desired resolution.

	Michal