[gst-devel] GstElement with GOB2

Tim Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Fri Oct 13 20:08:59 CEST 2006

On Fri, 2006-10-13 at 18:08 +0100, alberto colombo wrote:

> has anybody attemped it yet? I mean, using gob2 to create your own
> plugin?
>
> that would save a lot of typing
>
> I'm playing with it right now for the first time, if I ever manage to
> compile something I'll post to the list :-P

If all you want is save a bit of typing/copy'n'pasting, there's also a
make_element script in the gst-template module in CVS (which contains a
sample plugin and a sample GStreamer application).

So then you'd do:

 ~/gst-template/gst-plugin/src $ ../tools/make_element MyDemuxer

and it will create gstmydemuxer.c and gstmydemuxer.h in the current
directory.

Cheers
 -Tim