[gst-devel] gst-python: how to use BaseSink.set_sync()

Antoine Pitrou antoine.pitrou at wengo.fr
Fri Oct 20 12:35:14 CEST 2006

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your help.

Le vendredi 20 octobre 2006 à 12:11 +0200, Edward Hervey a écrit :
> Those are virtual methods. To implement virtual methods with
> pygobject (and therefore gst-python), you need to implement a
> do_<virtualmethod name>.
>   If you implement do_render() it will be called.

Ok, now it works! The pygobject doc doesn't mention this.

>   The sync property is to synchronize the call to render(), it has
> nothing to do with the *speed* at which buffers arrive in the sync.

What do you mean ?
Now that I've implemented a simplistic do_render(), set_sync() does have
an influence over at which speed the buffers arrive. If I set it to
True, they arrive on sync with the clock, while if I set it to False,
they arrive at max speed (eating 100% CPU).

(or perhaps it's just a matter of vocabulary: by speed, you mean
datarate?)

Regards

Antoine.