[gst-devel] Delayed linking

David Johnson dj at david-web.co.uk
Sat Oct 28 21:20:00 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I'm trying to setup a pipeline in Python to playback a video file.
The problem I have is that the demux plugin (I'm testing with both flutsdemux
and ffdemux_mpegts, both show the same behaviour) doesn't have a video pad
until some time after playback has started.

Viewing debug output from gst-launch, it initially fails to link the demux to
mpeg2dec due to the lack of a video pad, but later retries once the video pad
is added - how can I mirror this behaviour in Python?

For completeness, the pipeline I'm using is:
gst-launch filesrc location=foo.mpeg ! ffdemux_mpegts ! mpeg2dec ! xvimagesink

I've tried everything I can think of to make this work, but can't figure it
out or find any examples (even an example in C would be useful). Any help
would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
David.