[gst-devel] Audio to MPEG with libvisual?

Alexander Weber Alexander_Weber at gmx.de
Fri Sep 1 14:54:57 CEST 2006

Hi gstreamer,

I'm searching for a simple way to visualize an audio stream with some
simple visualizations (like the ones in libvisual) and output this
stream to a DVB card (so it needs to be encoded to mpeg1 or 2 in
realtime). It there a possiblility to do that with gstreamer?

Diagram:

INPUT       FILTER              MUXER           OUTPUT
[audio] ==> [visualization] ==> [video] \
                                         =====> MPEG[1|2]

I've seen, there is a libvisual plugin, but if've seen no mpeg output
plugin (like fame). Any one a good idea?

Thank a lot!

regards,
 Alexander :)