[gst-devel] BaseSrc problem!

Oscar Aceña oscaracena at yahoo.es
Tue Sep 12 14:46:25 CEST 2006

Hi to all!
Before anything: great work!

Well, I have a little problem with gst.BaseSrc in Python.

I have made a class which inherits from BaseSrc. It reads data from
another source, a list, which can be empty sometimes. So, when i start the
app which uses my src, the pipe calls the do_create method of my src and
it returns data from this list. Well, this is easy. The problem arrives
when the
list gets empty. If this happens, my method returns a gst.Buffer(None)
(or a empty
buffer). The pipe receives it and call another time the do_create method.
When i have new data on the list, the do_create method sends it, but the
pipeline acts as if no data were sent.

waht i'm doing wrong?

My main target is send data to a pipeline, which it should be accepted,
but using
a variable rate, I mean, If there is no data available, i expect the
pipeline ready when
the data became available.

PD: I'm not sure if I have explained myself. I don't speak English very
well (as you have
seen). Sorry.

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com