[gst-devel] video playback fast (record with v4l2src)

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Tue Sep 19 23:31:06 CEST 2006

On Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at 11:04:24PM +0200, René Stadler wrote:
> A very enlightening post, at least to me.  The interesting conclusion I
> draw from this is that for video, the principle of "frame rate" is
> fundamentally broken.

IMO, the interesting conclusion you should draw is that manufacturers
of consumer computer equipment create products that are fundamentally
broken (and/or the drivers are broken).  Real Work(tm) is, and will
likely remain, quite tightly bound to the notion of framerate.

dave...

--
David Schleef
Big Kitten LLC (http://www.bigkitten.com/) -- data acquisition on Linux