[gst-devel] Checking whether gstreamer has been initialized

Braden McDaniel braden at endoframe.com
Fri Sep 22 22:47:21 CEST 2006

I have a library in which I will be embedding GStreamer (via a local
plug-in). It looks like I will have to push the responsibility of
calling gst_init onto my library's users; after all they may want to use
GStreamer in other ways in their applications.

If the user has neglected to call gst_init, I would like to be able to
provide feedback indicating the problem. So is there any way I can check
to see if gst_init has been called?

Braden