[gst-devel] GStreamer and OpenMAX Integration Layer

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Mon Sep 25 20:23:37 CEST 2006

Hello,

> Hello all,
>
> We would like to announce that our team, the Linux Apps team in Texas
> Instruments, intends to contribute our GStreamer OpenMAX plug-ins to
> the
> OpenSource community.

That is excellent news ! We look forward to seeing this happen.

> We've developed plug-ins for GStreamer that integrate to the OpenMAX
> IL
> specification. Our intention now is to contribute these plug-ins back
> to the
> community. The purpose of this message is to ask about the best way to
> do
> so. We would like to hear your opinions about how should we should
> carry on with
> this contribution.

I guess the simplest place to start is with the actual source.  Is there
a source tarball we can take a look at and test ? What license is the
code under ?

We could set up the source in our repository if you think that makes
sense, or we can help you set up a separate home for them somewhere if
that makes more sense.

Thomas