[gst-devel] different element states

Bastian Winkler buz at netbuz.org
Tue Sep 26 00:43:40 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I'm trying to build a DJ Mixing-Console with GStreamer (in Python), and
the following ASCII-Art should be my pipeline setup.
My problem is, that I don't know how to control the PlayerBin states
independently, for e.g. changing songs in Player1 or pausing it, while the
other and the MixerBin are still processing data.

I would be really happy to get some hints how to do this, because I'm new
to GStreamer development. Perhaps a queue, gnonlin or a silence source? Or
do I have to create a own src element?

so long and tanks in advance

:wq buz

+---Player1 Bin------------------------------------------------+
| +---------+ +-----------+ +-----------+ +------+             |
| | FileSrc |-| DecodeBin |-| EffectBin |-| Gain |\ +----------|
| +---------+ +-----------+ +-----------+ +------+  | GhostSrc |
+---------------------------------------------------+----+-----+
                                                        /
      /
+----+------------------ Mixer Bin ----------------------------+
| Chan1GhostSink |                                             |
|----------------+                                             |
|    |                                                         |
| +-----+ +----------+                                         |
| | Tee |-| ChanVol1 |                                         |
| +-----+ +----------+ +-------+ +-----------+ +------------+  |
|      |              >| Adder |-| MasterVol |-| MasterSink |  |
|      |  +----------+ +-------+ +-----------+ +------------+  |
|    +-|--| Chan2Vol |                                         |
|    | |  +----------+                                         |
|    | |  +----------+                                         |
|    | +--| Chan1Pfl |                                         |
|    |    +----------+ +-------+ +--------+ +---------+        |
|    |                >| Adder |-| PFLVol |-| PFLSink |        |
| +-----+ +----------+ +-------+ +--------+ +---------+        |
| | Tee |-| Chan2Pfl |                                         |
| +-----+ +----------+                                         |
|    |                                                         |
| Chan2GhostSink |                                             |
      \
                                                        \
| | FileSrc |-| DecodeBin |-| EffectBin |-| Gain |/ +----------|

GnuPG Fingerprint: 2FFF FC48 C7DF 1EA0 00A0  FD53 8C35 FD2E 6908 7B82