[gst-devel] gstreamer core optimizations.

David SIORPAES david.siorpaes at st.com
Wed Apr 4 14:30:53 CEST 2007

Hi,

for sure you won't be able to run on an embedded platform each and every
GStreamer plugin. But, by simply cutting out plugins you don't need, you
can end up with a suitable embedded-friendly Gstreamer framework. Nokia
770 and N800 devices are running Gstreamer without a problem.

In our experience Gstreamer is not CPU hungry, on the contrary. For
example, you could not notice any CPU load difference comparing a
mad-based mp3 application decoder using gstreamer and madplay.

David S.