[gst-devel] !GST_IS_OBJECT Problem

Erwan Masson masson.erwan1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 14:51:03 CEST 2007

Hello again,

I got a big problem: The callback for have-data and handoffs did not work.
Here is my code for the have-data cb:

> static gboolean cb_have_data_video (GstPad *pad, GstMiniObject *mini_obj,
> gpointer user_data)
> {
>          video_frames++;
>          if (video_frames == 0){
>          }
>
>          if(!mini_obj){
>          }else{
>              if (mini_obj==NULL){
>              }else{
>                  if (video_frames == 25){
>                      g_print("\n  have data video\n");
>                      if (!GST_IS_OBJECT (mini_obj))
>                          g_print("mini_obj is not an object");
>                      else
>                          g_print(" name object miniobject %s
> |",gst_object_get_name(mini_obj));
>
>                      g_print("name object pad %s ",
> gst_object_get_name(pad));
>                  }
>              }
>          }
>    return TRUE;
> }

I connect to a pad my cb :
  gst_pad_add_buffer_probe (pad, G_CALLBACK (cb_have_data_video), NULL);

And I always get on output "mini_obj is not an object".
I got the same error with my handoff signal, the GstBuffer * is not a
gstBuffer.

Why this is bugged?
Thanks for your help,

Erwan Masson