[gst-devel] Adding plugins to gstreamer

Michael Horbovetz (horb) horb at cisco.com
Mon Apr 23 22:23:48 CEST 2007

i believe the easiest way to do this is to create a .pc file.  make sure
that file is in your PKG_CONFIG_PATH.  that file should define where
everything lives.  look at other .pc files for examples.

as far as installing it, you decide where it installs to.  you'll have
to add your library to your link line so that your app can link to it.
other than that, gstreamer shouldn't have to know about it.  you're not
altering any core gstreamer code to reference your library...

thanks,
mike