[gst-devel] V4L2SINK development?

Juuso Räsänen juuso.rasanen at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 7 10:31:56 CEST 2007

Any tips how I should start the Gstreamer part??  Copy/modify some existing sink element (e.g. filesink?) or create totally from scratch?

I'm quite a novice in gstreamer development... :(  I tried to start from Gst plugin template but got in stuck already when changing GST_BOILERPLATE macro to:
GST_BOILERPLATE (Gstv4l2sink, gst_v4l2sink, GstBaseSink,
    GST_TYPE_BASE_SINK);

After that I receive the following error with gst-inspect:

(gstinsp:32029): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/home/rasanen/gstreamer/install/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstplugin.so': /home/rasanen/gstreamer/install/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstplugin.so: undefined symbol: gst_base_sink_get_type
No such element or plugin 'v4l2sink'

- Juuso