[gst-devel] V4L2SINK development?

Zeeshan Ali zeenix at gstreamer.net
Tue Aug 7 10:59:29 CEST 2007

On 8/7/07, Juuso Räsänen <juuso.rasanen at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Any tips how I should start the Gstreamer part??  Copy/modify some existing sink element (e.g. filesink?) or create totally from scratch?

Hey!
   If you are new to gst, you should probably start with "Application
Development Manual" and then "Plugin Writer's Guide"[1].

    When you feel ready to start writing the element, you should put
your new element in the existing v4l2 plugin[1], along with v4l2src
and try to re-use as much code with v4l2src as possible.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali
FSF member#5124