[gst-devel] This pipeline consume 100% CPU after resize x output window

Black Penguin gnomecn at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 11:41:06 CEST 2007

gst-launch --gst-debug=2 v4lsrc copy-mode=false autoprobe=false
device=/dev/video1 ! video/x-raw-yuv,width=320,height=240 !
ffmpegcolorspace ! videobalance ! queue ! tee name=teexx teexx. !
queue ! timeoverlay ! videoscale ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ximagesink
teexx. ! queue ! ffmpegcolorspace ! fakesink silent=true

It goes well when it start to run, But after resize the X output
window, it consume 100% CPU.

I use such a pipeline in my app and  use a custome gtk widget to show
the X output (camera capture), so, it just consume 100% CPU whenn it
start. (after changed window-xid ?)

I've used sysprof to find out which part consume the CPU resouce:

libc  44%
libgobject 19%
libgstreamer 16%
kernel 3%
libglib 7%

if I remove then "teexx. ! queue ! ffmpegcolorspace ! fakesink
silent=true" part from the pipeline, then,

libc  31%
libgobject 16%
libgstreamer 11%
kernel 8%