[gst-devel] Dynamically adding elements to the pipeline

Black Penguin gnomecn at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 19:00:26 CEST 2007

2007/8/9, User <kirrthana at tataelxsi.co.in>:

> Hi all,
>
>       Is it possible to add element to the pipeline dynamically,if so can
> anybody suggest me how to do it,i wanted to do it without disturbing the
> actual pipeline.
> I tried with element_unlink and element_link,but with this i have to add the
> element to the bin,which is like disturbing the pipeline.
>
> This is my criteria,i ll have a pipeline like this filesrc ! fakesink,when i
> get some event from the user i should change fakesink to filesink without
> disturbing the filesrc.

Build such a pipeline first:=20

filesrc ! tee ! fakesink

You'd better add queue element to the front and end of tee:

filesrc ! queue ! tee ! queue ! fakesink

Then the pipeline will run more smoothly.

Then add filesink into the pipeline in you event/signal handler and link
it with the tee.

You should set the pipeline to PAUSED before add new element, and set to
PLAYING after add and link.=20

Beforce set pipeline to PLAYING, you should set the new element's state
to PAUSED or PLAYING to sync with the rest of the pipeline.