[gst-devel] seeking with audio and video doesn't work

Thomas Holzmann holzi1 at gmx.at
Tue Aug 21 21:43:24 CEST 2007

Hello,

I've created a pipeline to get audio and video of a video file into my
application with appsink. First I only focused on video and seeking
worked fine. But now I've also added audio elements to get also audio in
my application and since then seeking doesn't work any more. My
application freezes if I try to seek.

Playing works ok, although audio becomes too late if I play some time...

The pipeline looks something like this:
uridecodebin uri=file:///dummy/uri/dummy.avi name=decode decode. !
videorate ! ffmpegcolorspace ! appsink decode. ! audioconvert !
audioresample ! appsink

And I'm seeking with this command:
gst_element_seek_simple( file_decode_, GST_FORMAT_TIME,
      GST_SEEK_FLAG_FLUSH | GST_SEEK_FLAG_KEY_UNIT, seek_pos )

I've also tried it with other seek flags but with no success.

Does maybe someone has an advice for me?

Thanks.
Thomas