[gst-devel] Audio and Video in a C file

Harvinder Singh harvinder.singh at d2see.com
Mon Aug 13 15:05:43 CEST 2007

Hello everyone,

I trying to develop an application to stream h263 video together with
amr audio, I am able to do this through the command line of GStreamer by
typing this command:

gst-launch filesrc location=media/video.3gp ! decodebin name=decoder
decoder. ! ffenc_h263 ! rtph263pay ssrc=-1 pt=34 ! udpsink
host=192.168.0.2 port=22222 decoder. ! mulawenc ! rtppcmupay ssrc=-1
pt=97 ! udpsink host=192.168.0.2 port=22222

or

gst-launch filesrc location=media/video.3gp ! qtdemux name=demuxer
demuxer. ! queue ! ffdec_h263 ! ffenc_h263 ! rtph263pay ssrc=-1 pt=34 !
udpsink host=192.168.0.2 port=22222 demuxer. ! queue ! amrnbdec !
mulawenc ! rtppcmupay ssrc=-1 pt=97 ! udpsink host=192.168.0.2
port=22222

In both the cases I am able to send both audio and video, but there is a
problem with synchronisation between the audio and video. The audio
seems to get ahead from the video with a few seconds, also the output
audio in the beginning produces some glitches. I need to be able to
receive audio and video stream from something like a 3gp or mov file,
both the streams synchronised and it would be really helpful if someone
could explain me how I can assemble it into a C file.

I don't know how to progress from here and would really appreciate your
help on this, also I was wondering if it has something to do with the
rtpbin element available from the farsight gst plugins?

This e-mail message (including any attachment) is confidential. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system without copying or disseminating it or placing any reliance upon its contents. Any opinions expressed in this email (including attachments) are those of the author only.  This message (including any attachments) does not create any legally binding rights or obligations. D2see Limited is a company registered in England and Wales no. 5836806. Registered Office: 10 Barley Mow Passage, London W4 4PH, UK. VAT registered, no. 888 1076 85.  Tel +44 20 8819 5710