[gst-devel] Announcing pygst-launch, a GUIfied gst-launch

Olivier Aubert olivier.aubert at liris.cnrs.fr
Wed Aug 29 17:40:09 CEST 2007

Hi

I figured I could share a small utility that helps when experimenting
with gstreamer pipelines. The pygst-launch program will simply display a
window allowing to interactively play with gstreamer pipelines.

A simple expression evaluator (with completion and introspection) allows
to enter python expressions and dynamically explore the pipeline, modify
the elements' properties, etc. Press F1 in the expression window to get
the available shortcuts for the python evaluator widget.

Pressing F1 on a pipeline element name will display the gst-inspect
output for the element. If you modify the pipeline definition, press
Refresh to test it.

Caveat emptor: the above lines represent about the whole documentation,
and the code really needs more than a clean up. But it works and may be
of use to others. Many things could be done (e.g integrating
GstInspector), but it will depend on my copious free time...

You can get it from http://liris.cnrs.fr/olivier.aubert/ (at the bottom
of the page).

Regards,
Olivier