[gst-devel] searching for a pluggable video player using gstreamer

Mehdi Rabah mehdi.rabah at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 17:09:26 CEST 2007

Hi gstreamer developers,

I wanted to ask you if there's a video player using gstreamer which I
can use to decode frames and do some processing on those frame. I mean
I can decode the frame myself using any library (ffmpeg, libvlc or off
course gstreamer), but I'm searching for an already existing video
player which is pluggable so I can use its capability (pause/play,
seeking, etc..) and still doing some processing in each frame.

I've been said that I can do that by writing a filter for vlc (or even
mplayer), but vlc/libvlc is not so well documented.

Do you some advice about all this ?

Regards,
--
Mehdi