[gst-devel] osssrc not working with sink

neetha philip neethaphilip at rediffmail.com
Mon Dec 3 09:40:50 CET 2007

I am trying to achieve real time audio capture and encoding using osssrc.

As the first step I tried osssrc and direct sound rendering without any encoding  as

gstlaunch osssrc ! osssink

I couldn’t get the audio rendered properly, it played out very fast.

If I use alsasrc, as

gstlaunch alsasrc ! alsasink , the same works for me.

If I use a buffer in between src and sink, as

gstlaunch ossrc ! queue ! osssink , I can hear the audio well.

Is it a known issue? Why does osssrc need a queue to play while alsasink doesn't?

Or Do I need to specify any additional properties to osssrc?