[gst-devel] problems with video

Vinod Nanjaiah Vinod_Nanjaiah at mindtree.com
Wed Dec 12 16:58:49 CET 2007

Yup! I missed out linking the gstinterfaces-0.10
It now builds when I use gst_x_overlay_set_xwindow_id.

For video seek, I tried a few combinations of the flags.
I thought GST_FMT_DEFAULT would take FRAMES in case of video and so tried
that. But that didn't work.
I am yet to try out gst_element_seek_simple with the flags that Tim has
mentioned.
Like Stefan had mentioned, I am using GST_SEEK_FLAG_NONE and it works for
audio.

Thank you!
Vinod

> 1> Seek on video:
> Should I use some specific flags with gst_element_seek () to be able to
seek
> on video?
> I tried some possible combinations but was not successful.

It would be useful to know what you've tried exactly ...

In any case, in a playback situation you usually want to

 - use GST_SEEK_FLAG_FLUSH | GST_SEEK_FLAG_KEY_UNIT
 - seek in GST_FORMAT_TIME (remember the time is in nanoseconds)
 - use gst_element_seek_simple()

> 2> I am trying to use gst_x_overlay_set_xwindow_id () in my code, but it
> gives link errors when building.
>
> Can someone please give me some pointers.

you need to add

 `pkg-config --cflags gstreamer-plugins-base-0.10`

to your CFLAGS / compiler flags and

 `pkg-config --libs gstreamer-plugins-base-0.10 -lgstinterfaces-0.10`

to your LIBS / linker flags as per:

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-lib
s/html/gstreamer-interfaces.html

Cheers